The following information was extracted from the official JomSocial website on 03/28/14 and is provided in it’s raw/unedited form. Any edited/added word, phrase or sentence from this point on will be highlighted in red. Changes made to the provided information after 03/28/14 may not be reflected here.
User Profile Management
A social networking site has to offer unique features to its members that keep them coming back. JomSocial is easy to customize and you can bring unique features and social environment to your site members.
- Collect relevant data from your users. From the common profile such as High School and Hometown, you can ask users something more relevant to your site
- Advanced members searching feature. You can then let your members find each other based on various criteria.
JomSocial’s fun to use Photo Gallery is the heart of your community
- Upload dozens of pictures in a single action. Just drag and drop them to the upload screen and our HTML5-powered uploader will automatically queue the photos.
- JomSocial comes with an amazing photo gallery. Each album is neatly displayed, coupled with interactive features such as comment and like system, photo tagging and content discovery modules.
Built into every JomSocial app is a fully-featured video capability, ranging from embedding videos to hosting your own. We provide everything that you need, without making you pay extra.
- Give community members to the power to either directly upload and share their videos, or share videos from famous video-sharing website such as YouTube or Vimeo.
- Option to outsource video processing & encoding to Zencoder, at a reasonable price.
Manage your events with ease, and engage community members with JomSocial’s powerful Event Manager. Set an event anywhere in the world and it’ll display in Google maps. Set your events with JomSocial so that your members are more engaged with each other. Nothing beats meeting your members face to face and having fun at doing that!
- Manage your members, set an invite number limit or even send out invitations so that they can RSVP to your event.
- Control attendance via private event or even limit the number of available seats.
Sometimes it’s more engaging to communicate in a smaller circle. JomSocial Group allows your community to interact at a more personal level. Every group will have its own photos, videos and event sections. Plus, there is a discussion board and file sharing feature for your community.
- Set your group as public if you need to attract the crowd.
- Or make your group private. Private groups require invitation before anyone can join and view its content.
Creating social networking sites with JomSocial is never been easier. JomSocial is extensible via its API which allows developers to extend the functionality of JomSocial. Choose from over two hundred powerful plugins from JomSocial and customize your community however you like!
- Support various 3rd party add-ons including paid membership, e-commerce and many more.
- sitting on top of Joomla, you can create a community with thousands of Joomla extensions for further customization.
- Plus, you can customize your JomSocial site even more, with thousands of add-ons and extensions for Joomla!
We take user privacy seriously and have built a robust privacy control system within JomSocial™ Community Extension.
- Members can limit their content access either to public, site members of friends only.
- Admin may also set the default privacy setting for everyone.
- Members may be given the power to restrict who may access their content to either Public, Site Members Only, or Friends Only.
Having your own social network doesn’t mean that you have to compete with the big boys such as Facebook. Instead, why not connect your community site with Facebook to get additional features. With Facebook Connect, community members may login using Facebook account, share status updates, invites Facebook friends and publish activities to Facebook.
- Increase signup rate with Facebook Connect.
- Allow members to pull their exisiting avatar.
- Facebook Connect users may publish their status update back to Facebook.